“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” -Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
As a result of both personal and professional experiences, I find immense joy in walking alongside individuals’ journeys in holistic, integrative approaches in healing.
I utilize a mind-body, gut-brain, somatics therapy & embodied social justice framework – noting that the mind, body, spirit, and environment are interconnected.
We may be a good fit for each other if you are:
- Looking for a Certified EMDR Therapist (who is also an EMDRIA Approved Consultant) with extensive EMDR therapy experience with hundreds of clients whom have experienced trauma ranging from complex to recent trauma and PTSD including childhood abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, sexual abuse, spiritual/religious trauma, medical trauma, generational, and/or race-based trauma.
- Seeking a therapist that is trained in and incorporates trauma-sensitive care & mindfulness into therapy sessions
- A helping professional, caregiver, or entrepreneur wanting to increase self-care, set healthy boundaries, and/or reduce secondary trauma and burnout experienced from those you care for, manage, or lead.
- A parent seeking to take care of yourself and heal from birth trauma, experiences in the NICU, perinatal depression and anxiety, miscarriage and/or other perinatal mental health concerns, no matter how long it has been since your pregnancy, postpartum period, or loss.
- Looking for a therapist who is a person of color and who seeks to understand, practice from a multicultural and culturally-atuned perspective, and/or integrate your racial, ethnic, and/or cultural background in our work together.
- Wanting to delve deeper into the shame resiliency work of Dr. Brené Brown and wanting to integrate The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong processes in your life. This is particularly for those who want to walk out in healthy vulnerability in relationships, life, and careers.
- Wanting a therapist who is willing to talk about faith and will ethically integrate faith and spirituality into therapy, as desired.
Experiences and training in the field of trauma, mindfulness, yoga, and Certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy have led me to be attuned towards the ways our bodies store chronic stress. In sessions, you can expect for me to incorporate the use of EMDR therapy, as identified to be appropriate, trauma-sensitive mindfulness, somatic therapies – including helping you to develop skills based in meditation & yoga, Internal Family Systems-informed EMDR therapy, shame resiliency work of Dr. Brené Brown’s research, and Enneagram exploration.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and LCSW supervisor through the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners. To better support parents, I have completed the Perinatal Mental Health Certificate Training through Postpartum Support International (PSI). To better support trauma survivors, I have completed both the Beginner’s and Advanced Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness course with David Treleaven, an educator and trauma professional whose work focuses on the intersection of trauma, mindfulness, and social justice.
I have also completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Spirit Bear Yoga and am currently an EMDRIA Approved Consultant – providing online consultation for EMDR therapists seeking to be a Certified EMDR Therapist.