“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” -Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
As a result of both personal and professional experiences, I find immense joy in walking alongside individuals’ journeys in holistic healing.
I utilize a mind-body and gut-brain connection framework – noting that the mind, body, and spirit are interconnected.
We may be a good fit for each other if you are:
- Looking for a Certified EMDR Therapist who has practiced EMDR for over three years with hundreds of clients whom have experienced trauma ranging from complex to recent trauma and PTSD including childhood abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, spiritual trauma, medical trauma, and/or race-based trauma.
- A helping professional, caregiver, or entrepreneur wanting to increase self-care, set healthy boundaries, and/or reduce secondary trauma and burnout experienced from those you care for, manage, or lead.
- A mama seeking to take care of yourself and heal from birth trauma, experiences in the NICU, perinatal depression and anxiety, miscarriage and/or other maternal mental health concerns, no matter how long it has been since your pregnancy, postpartum period, or loss.
- Looking for a therapist who is a person of color and who seeks to understand and integrate your racial, ethnic, and/or cultural background in our work together.
- Wanting to incorporate therapy and self-care into your holistic treatment for chronic health concerns including chronic pain and health-related concerns such as PCOS, endometriosis, infertility, chronic fatigue, insomnia or fibromyalgia.
- Wanting to delve deeper into the shame resiliency work of Dr. Brené Brown and wanting to integrate The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong processes in your life. This is particularly for those who want to walk out in healthy vulnerability in relationships, life, and careers.
- Wanting a therapist who is willing to talk about faith and will ethically integrate faith and spirituality into therapy, upon request.
Experiences in the field of trauma and Certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy have led me to sensitive towards the ways the body stores stress. In sessions, you can expect for me to incorporate the use of EMDR therapy, as identified to be appropriate, trauma-sensitive mindfulness, and the shame resiliency work of Dr. Brené Brown’s research.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) through the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners. To better support mamas, I have completed the Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training through Postpartum Support International (PSI). I am currently completing a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and am an approved EMDR Consultant-in-Training (CIT).